#ImprovCookingChallenge ~ Cookies & Cream Brownies
Life has been on the hectic side recently. Work has been extra busy with a lot of competing deadlines, we've had a bunch of sickos in the house recently, parties to attend, commitments and events, end of the school year for my son, my daughter getting ready for pre-k, a very busy work schedule for my boyfriend and trying to find time for visits, and of course day to day life with kids and a house to clean up after and take care of... all of that to say - making some boxed brownies a little extra special seemed like a good choice this month!
2 boxes of brownie mix (plus ingredients called for to make them)
1 8-oz brick cream cheese
30-35 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the brownie batter up. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Layer half the brownie batter in the pan, and top with one solid layer of cookies.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer blend the cream cheese until it is smooth and spreadable. Crush remaining Oreo cookies and add to the cream cheese until well blended.
- Gently spread the cream cheese over the cookies (I put small "clumps" down and then spread as best I could over the cookies).
- Top with remaining batter and bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until brownies are starting to pull away from the edges of the pan and are cooked all the way through.