#SRCHolidayTreats ~ Almond Joy Fudgies


Welcome to the special Holiday Treats edition of the Secret Recipe Club! I received Grandma Loy's Kitchen blog for this reveal day and was excited to get to know a new-to-me blogger outside of my own fantastic Group D. I didn't go far at all upon reaching the recipe index though. The very FIRST item on the list was it for me. Almond Joy Fudgies. Um... yes please! This recipe was shared by Grandma Loy for Christmas 2011 as part of a 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies and Sweets blog hop. I am so glad she picked this one to share - and so glad it was right there at the top calling out to me!


I love Almond Joy candy bars - not something I eat more than a few times a year (generally at Halloween when I pick a few out of my kid's "loot"), but that combination of chewy coconut, crunchy almond, and sweet chocolate never fails to hit the spot for me. My two year old kitchen assistant was very curious about these tasty smelling treats!


These soft, chocolaty fudgy brownies are loaded with a thick core of sweet almond kissed coconut goodness. They are rich and decadent and will satisfy any sweet tooth in no time at all.


There are a TON of amazing holiday worthy treats linked in the round up below - take a peak, save a few recipes and definitely get baking! Happy Holidays!


Almond Joy Fudgies from Grandma Loy's Kitchen

Ingredients
1 1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup cocoa
2 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips

Filling:
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (can make your own)
2 1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup toasted, sliced almonds

Directions
  1. Melt butter and cocoa together in a saucepan over low heat or in a glass bowl in the microwave.  Remove from heat.  Add sugar, eggs, flour, salt, and vanilla.  Mix well.  
  2. Spread half of chocolate mixture in a well-greased 9x13-inch pan.  
  3. Prepare Filling and spoon evenly over the chocolate batter.  Sprinkle sliced almonds evenly over Filling.  Spread remaining chocolate batter evenly over Filling.  
  4. Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.  
  5. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.  
  6. Place back into oven for 1-2 minutes until chocolate chips soften and begin to melt.  Spread chocolate over the top of the brownies.  Allow to cool completely.  Cut into 36 bars.
  1. Filling:   In mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut, and almond extract.  Mix well.





Comments

  1. I love Almond Joys too and these sound delicious. Great pick Rebekah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almond Joys are one of my favorites, too, and these are a must-make-soon treat!! Nice choice for the SRC! Have a wonderful holiday!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words, Rebekah. Also an Almond Joy lover, these are one of my favorite bar cookies. Your photos are wonderful and is certainly a cute little helper you have. Your blog is new to me, too so I think I am subscribing. Have a happy holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have picked these too. Yum! Happy Reveal Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great SRC choice. These look absolutely amazing!! Happy Holidays. I want the whole plate....:) Traci, BurntApple

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so amazing! I am definitely going to be making some soon. Very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good brownie and these sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing! Such a great choice for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts