#SecretRecipeClub ~ Spiced Sugared Nuts


Welcome to the November, Group D, reveal day for Secret Recipe Club! I hope you will take a moment to visit the Secret Recipe Club if you've never heard of it before - it is a wonderful group of food bloggers who are given a secret assignment of another member's blog each month and our goal is to pick ANYTHING from their blog to make and post about on our designated reveal day.


I missed out on the month of October's SRC reveal due to some health issues my son is going through right now (if you haven't already heard, or want to see how he's doing you can find lots of updates on the facebook page I started for him: https://www.facebook.com/BlueAndRedForKent). Kent actually turns 17 years old today and will be spending this birthday in the hospital. I promised him an Oreo cake and some pizza from Stonecreek Pizza (his favorite local pizza place)! Happy birthday to my turkey baby.


This month I was lucky enough to get the chance to visit http://www.foodbabylife.com/ for my assigned blog. How do I pick between Katharine Hepburn Brownies, Chicken Noodle Soup, Best Ever Custard, Raisin Swirl Bread, Caramel Bars, Peanut Sesame Noodles, Roasted Pumpkin and Apple Soup, Easy Pumpkin Soup, Pizza Pasta, Chicken Pie, Peanut Butter Ice Cream, or a Classic Custard Tart...! But, then I was thinking about my Cheese Tray I was working on last week and while I was browsing Susan's recipe index I stumbled over spiced sugared nuts. Bingo! I had been thinking about making a batch of homemade candied nuts to go on my cheese tray, and these - with a touch of spice - sounded just perfect to me.

The first night I made these I had a hard time stopping myself from eating the whole tray. It's a good thing I did stop, or I might have found myself very ill on the floor not long after. They are very tasty and easy to munch on - perfect to have in a bowl on the counter next to drinks, on a cheese tray, or anywhere else you want to place them for a lovely Holiday (or anytime!) appetizer.

Spiced Sugared Nuts from Food.Baby.Life

Ingredients
3/4 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
400 grams assorted, unsalted mixed nuts
1 eggwhite, lightly whisked

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350F). Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Place the nuts and eggwhite in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add the spice mixture to the nut mixture and mix well.
  2. Line a large baking tray with a sil pat. Spread the nut mixture out in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and cool completely on the tray. Break up any large clusters. 
  3. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for a few days.




Comments

  1. These nuts look amazing! Better keep them away from me or else I'm pretty sure I'd easy the whole batch! Haha

    I had your blog this month and it was great to have the opportunity to look through it and all the delicious recipes that you have! I made your mushroom sausage ragu and it was really tasty! Definitely will be making it again!

    I'm sorry to hear about your son - I hope he recovers quickly! Happy birthday to him and I hope he enjoys his cake and pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love spiced nuts like this, and they are so perfect on the holiday table for snacking. Great choice for the SRC this month! I've been following along the Facebook page for updates on your son, and I'm so glad that his latest surgery went well! Keeping him and your lovely family in our thoughts. xoxox Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers to you and Kent! My son spent his 17th birthday in the hospital during his cancer treatment and there's nothing easy about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finally tracked down your other blog and see he's been in remission for years now - that is AMAZING!

      Delete
  4. PERFECT for Christmas and the festive season and I've bookmarked these to make myself! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe that you joined us this month, with so much going on in your life, the type of stuff that no one should have to go through, but... you have such great attitude! I am sure you and your family are giving Kent the best possible birthday he can have today... I wish you all the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Sally. So happy to see you here. Happy birthday to Kent and lots of hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Rebekah I'm glad you enjoyed these! Thinking of you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! Happy Birthday Kent! Spiced nuts are so yummy. I made a big batch last year to give as Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are back with us and that Kent is doing so well. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Rebekah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! I love making homemade candied nuts. I need to try it with seasonal spices next time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts