#FoodieExtravaganza ~ Cuban Sliders


Foodie Extravaganza is where we celebrate obscure food holidays or cook and bake together with the same ingredient or theme each month. This month Camilla from  Culinary Adventures with Camilla invited bloggers to come up with pickles since National Pickle Day is November 14th!



We hope you all enjoy our delicious pickled creations this month and come back to see what we bring for you next month.


Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you're a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.


These are super easy, tasty little treats that would be perfect for "game day food", appetizers, dinner, lunch - you name it. Very versatile and quick to make. I really liked these - I also thought they were really good both warm and cold straight out of the refrigerator!


I  kind of love Cubans... in any shape, size, package... I almost always have to order them if I see them on a menu anywhere. Something about the seasoned pork, crisped bread, melty gooey cheese and the perfectly salty and complimentary pickles. You cannot have a Cuban without the pickles (I'm not sure if that's a rule somewhere - but if it isn't, it should be)!


I love pickles pretty much anyway you can eat them - except for the bread and butter variety. Blech. But dill pickles? Yes please! Spears, whole, slices on burgers, sandwiches, in my mouth. We are a pickle eating family. I'm actually going to be trying my hand at a homemade variety in the coming week for another fun weekly group I'm participating in - #handcraftededibles; so say tuned for that!


My picky 2-year old even seemed to like them, though mostly she wanted to pull the pickles out and eat those.

The Pickled Posts...in alphabetical order of recipe title

Cuban Sliders adapted from House of Yumm

Ingredients
1 12-pk Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
approximately 12 slices of ham lunch meat (more / less to taste)
36 pickle slices, appx.
6 slices Swiss cheese
4 TBS butter
1 TBS Onion Onion seasoning (or minced onion)
1 TBS Dijon mustard

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Leave rolls in their cardboard container, but fold the edges down to expose sides of rolls. Cut rolls in half horizontally. Gently break bottom half into individual roll pieces and place in a 2-qt baking dish.
  3. Cut or fold lunch meat slices to fit (appx. 1 per slider), layer lunch meat, cheese (also cut or fold to fit - half slice per slider), and pickles (appx. 3 per slider). Gently break top sheet of rolls into individual pieces and top the sandwiches.
  4. Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave and stir in onion and Dijon mustard. Blend well. Pour mixture over the top of the sliders. Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5 - 8 minutes or until the sandwiches are lightly toasted. Serve immediately.


Comments

  1. Yum! These look absolutely delicious! Pinned! This is what's for dinner tonight! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try them - I loved the buttery tang from the sauce they're baked in!

      Delete
  2. I love pickles too but I am with your two-year-old, Rebekah. I like to take them out and eat them first. I promise to leave them in for once when I make your sliders though since it's a rule. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think pickle eating first is still allowable - as long as they are consumed in proximity to the remainder of the sandwich. :)

      Delete
  3. These look fabulous, Rebekah. Thanks for joining the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute little cubanos Rebekah. I am going to make up a batch of these very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum yum yum! I too always order the Cuban if it's on a menu. Although it's hard to find that perfect one. Ah, the flaws of leaving South FL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm! These look yummy! I love cubans also and I always so happy when I see them on the menu at a restaurant. Planning to have these soon! Thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts