#BloggerCLUE ~ Butterfinger Pie



Welcome to the (belated) November reveal day for the the C.L.U.E. Bloggers (CLUE = Cook, Learn, Undertake, Eat).  Blogger C.L.U.E. is a group of like minded food bloggers who get an assignment each month of another member's blog; our mission (should we choose to accept it) is to take the theme for the month and find any recipe on our assigned blog that fits. Make the recipe, photograph the recipe, and share it with you on reveal day! For this reveal day, I had SO many great "Pie or Thanksgiving Dessert" recipes to choose from on A Spoonful of Thyme! Learn more about Kate at her "About Me" page; she has some really beautiful quotes on her page that revolve around the kitchen, cooking, family, and food. Definitely take a moment to swing by and get to know her and her amazing recipe index soon.



So last week I was supposed to post on Tuesday with the other lovely ladies who belong to the Blogger C.L.U.E. group, but because I am still just dipping my toes back into blogging I am not back to my normal levels of attention and organization yet so I hadn't added the posting date to my schedule and completely missed it. I am only home every other day at this point, so I really have to plan my postings carefully to make sure I have ample time to prepare and photograph items with limited time in the kitchen right now (since the other half of my available time is spent with Kent at the hospital still, and still working full time as well). 


Over the weekend I really wanted to make and share something from Kate's blog and was so disappointed I missed the reveal day, so I dug around for a little while and settled quickly on this delicious and creamy Butterfinger Pie. I've never made an ice cream pie before - but you can bet this won't be the last time. I couldn't believe how EASY it was and how special it came out too - the Butterfinger candy really infuses into the vanilla ice cream and it's just delicious! Top with a dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and a sprinkle of crushed Butterfinger and you have a celebratory worthy dessert to share at any get together or special occasion (or hoard it and eat it yourself - I won't tell)!

See the beautiful Blogger CLUE selections for November at these links:



Graham Cracker Crust

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I pulse mine in the blender until they are finely ground)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar

Directions
  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a 8- or 9-inch pie plate combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Use your hands or spoon to combine gently and then press the mixture evenly to cover the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
  2. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then set aside and allow to cool while you prepare the pie filling.
Butterfinger Pie from A Spoonful of Thyme


Ingredients
1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
1 quart vanilla ice cream
3 (2.1 oz) Butterfinger candy bars, coarsely crushed

To serve:
chocolate sauce
additional crushed Butterfinger "dust"
whipped cream


Directions
  1. Soften ice cream and evenly mix in crushed candy.  Pour mixture into prepared graham cracker crust and freeze, uncovered. Cover with foil or saran wrap once filling is set. 
  2. To serve top with a dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce and a sprinkle of crushed Butterfinger.


Comments

  1. Butterfinger Pie is one of our favorite ice cream pies! It has so much flavor...I may have been known to throw in some additional butterfinger chunks along the way.... I am happy that you liked this quick, easy, go-to dessert. Thank you for the lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing this one - we LOVED it!! I can't believe I've never made an ice cream pie before. They're wonderful. :) I am going to take a nice piece of this to Kent at the hospital and I know he's going to be a huge fan. Sorry for the delay in posting!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to make this, Rebekah! We don't get Butterfingers in Dubai, or at least not often so it will have to wait till summer but I am excited because Butterfiingers are my all time favorite candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to make this decadent pie, too! I'm a huge Butterfinger fan and this recipe is such an easy way to get my fix :) Hope Kent continues to improve. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying to make this decadent pie, too! I'm a huge Butterfinger fan and this recipe is such an easy way to get my fix :) Hope Kent continues to improve. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts