Peanut Butter Granola



I finally, finally did it. I made my own homemade granola! Yay!! I've been wanting to do this forever - I love homemade granola. It's perfect as a cereal topper, cereal by itself, ice cream or yogurt topper and more!

I really like the way this recipe came out - there is a subtle peanut butter flavor that is very nice, and the add-ins (shredded coconut and chopped nuts) are a nice accompaniment to give the granola some more texture and body. I would probably increase the add-ins next time. This is a great base recipe to learn on though, and I'm glad I finally dipped my toe in the pool and joined the cool kids. :)

I was also super excited that a couple days after I made my first batch of granola, I received some beautiful Chalkboard Labels to try out for review from Kitchen Supreme! I actually had these on my Amazon wishlist already, because I really wanted some to use. They are perfect for all of your labeling needs. I will use these for pretty much everything - we've started making our own cleaning products, and I can use these to label the spray bottle, we're going to be making our own air freshener as soon as I get some glass spray bottles, so I can use these to label those as well! These would be great for labeling little jars containing homemade goodies - canned goods, cookie in a jar mix, sugar scrubs, etc. So pretty and the pen is easy to use and write with.


If you want to get your own set on Amazon, check the labels out here:


Definitely give this recipe a try - I adjusted from the original to reduce the dry ingredients some, and increase the wet a little based on the reviews I read and mine came out pretty close to "right". There were only a small amount of "clumps" though, and I think a few more would have been nice, so I slightly increased the wet ingredients in the recipe listed below - tweak as you feel appropriate! I also think this could have used more nuts, and maybe some dried fruit or peanut butter or chocolate chips mixed in (after it has cooled), just for fun - so play around with it and have fun with your own homemade granola!


Peanut Butter Granola adapted from Shawni on AllRecipes

Ingredients
4-1/2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup unsalted peanut butter

Directions
  1. Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F.
  2. Combine the oats, flour, walnuts, salt, and coconut in a large mixing bowl; set aside. Stir the sugar, water, canola oil, and peanut butter together in a small saucepan over low heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot and smooth. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oats mixture and stir until evenly combined. Spread out onto 2 baking sheets (I fit mine onto one large baking sheet, but it was a tight fit, 2 would probably be better).
  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove the trays to a cooling rack and allow to cool and dry for 2 - 3 hours before moving to airtight storage.
*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from Kitchen Supreme for the purpose of review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.


Comments

Popular Posts