Eggnog French Toast




I really enjoyed finding ways to use up the last of our eggnog not long ago, and this was one of the recipes I used it in. The eggnog gives the egg mixture a nice thickness / creaminess and just a hint of that yummy spice, accentuated with a dash of freshly grated nutmeg. This is warm, cozy, and delicious. The perfect way to start your morning! Serve this up with a fresh fruit salad and some scrambled eggs for a complete and filling meal!


I am totally craving a batch of these right now - I wish I had more eggnog in my refrigerator!



Eggnog French Toast

Ingredients
8-10 slices of bread
3 eggs
1 cup eggnog
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
dash freshly grated nutmeg

Instructions
  1. Preheat griddle over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. In a large flat dish (I use a Pyrex pie plate) beat eggs, add eggnog and milk; beat again until combined. Add cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla, combine well.
  2. Dip bread on both sides in egg mix and place on heated griddle. Cook approximately 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
  3. Serve with warm maple syrup and butter (if desired).


Comments

Popular Posts