Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes


This was completely DELICIOUS. I had 3 pre-baked potatoes that I wasn't quite sure what to do with, and had never made twice baked potatoes before, and decided I should remedy that oversight! I'm so glad I did. These are creamy, gooey, and delicious. Honestly, I didn't measure the ingredients, I eyeballed based on the recipe suggestions and reduced a little since I was using 3 medium sized potatoes instead of 4 large. The mixture seemed a little wet to me when I refilled the shells, but they actually baked up perfectly, so if your mixture seems wet, don't worry about it. :)

I let my 10 month old have a taste of the filling after they were baked and she got so excited - she thought that was GOOD STUFF! :)

My husband and son definitely agreed as well - my son said he was in heaven. High praise, indeed!

We will definitely use this one again. I love the fact that all of the normal topping ingredients we have all over the table when we make baked potatoes are already mixed together into filling, so much less "stuff" for the table at dinner time. These are absolutely delicious, and I can't wait to eat the leftovers! :)

Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes by PONYGIRL64 on AllRecipes

Ingredients
4 large baking potatoes
8 slices bacon
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
8 green onions, sliced, divided (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour.
  3. Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
  4. When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins. To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
  5. Bake for another 15 minutes.

Love my sweet sunshine girl!



Comments

Popular Posts