Quick and Tasty Chicken Marsala



This was certainly a quick and tasty meal! The fresh mushrooms and sautéed onions were definitely the stars in this recipe. Instead of pounding my chicken (and instead of using chicken tenders) I used 3 small boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut them in half so I had 6 thin breast halves; this worked well - although I think I should have only used 2 pieces of chicken as I seemed to have too much chicken for the amount of sauce. I used regular cream of mushroom soup (since that's what I had) and I also used half wine / half been consommé since I didn't have enough wine left (oops)! :)

I really enjoyed the flavor of the sauce combined with the vegetables and lightly breaded chicken. I served over linguine, but would opt for a thinner pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes next time. Serve with a crisp green salad, and some toasty French bread for a complete dinner.

I used margarine since I didn't have any butter thawed, and it worked great for cooking the chicken and sautéing the vegetables in, but I definitely used way more than the 2 TBS called for in the original recipe (probably closer to 5 - 6 TBS total). So watch your pan, and add more as needed.

Quick and Tasty Chicken Marsala  by Holly8358 on AllRecipes

Ingredients
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
salt and ground black pepper to taste (I used 1/4 tsp each)
1 pound chicken tenders, pounded thin
2 tablespoons butter, divided (more as needed)
1 medium onion, sliced
1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
1 1/4 cups Marsala wine

Directions
  1. Stir flour, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper together in a shallow dish. Press chicken tenders into the flour to coat on all sides; shake to remove excess flour.
  2. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken in the melted butter until lightly browned on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet to a plate.
  3. Melt remaining butter in the skillet. Cook onion slices in the melted butter until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir the mushrooms into the cooked onions; cook and stir until the mushrooms are browned, 2 to 3 minutes more. Return the chicken to the skillet.
  4. Whisk mushroom soup and Marsala wine together in a bowl; pour over the chicken mixture. Place a cover over the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes.
Lindsey is 10.5 months and enjoying some beautiful sunshine!



Comments

Popular Posts