Fluffy Pancakes

 
This is a fantastic pancake recipe!! I decided to find a new pancake recipe for our breakfast and searched AllRecipes.com and chose this one for the great ratings. And it definitely received those ratings for a really good reason!

I had to make this dairy free for my current diet (baby girl has a milk protein allergy), so I swapped milk for almond milk, and butter for margarine but otherwise followed the recipe exactly and we were all thrilled with how this recipe came out!! It only made 8 smallish pancakes, and my hubby was disappointed there weren't any more after the three of us ate our breakfast so I would definitely double it next time.

There's nothing I would change - these are soft, tender, and have a wonderful flavor to them. Perfect with some maple syrup! I had to do one up the way we used to when I was little - I spread a little margarine on the top, sprinkled on some sugar, and then rolled it up - finger food!! Yummy!!

Fluffy Pancakes by kris on AllRecipes.com

Ingredients
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted
cooking spray

Directions

  1. Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to sour.
  2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into soured milk until well blended. Blend the flour mixture into the wet ingredients; whisk until lumps are gone.
  3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until edges are dry and bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side (a couple minutes per side).



Comments

Popular Posts