Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan

I love, love, love fresh asparagus. It is a fabulous vegetable, and I can eat this whole recipe by myself (which is probably a good thing considering neither my husband nor son will touch asparagus - sigh).

This is a great, easy, roasted asparagus recipe that goes great with anything! We enjoyed this with a steak dinner. I like to sneak the leftovers out of the refrigerator a couple at a time as a snack too! :D

I don't always add the garlic powder, depends on my mood. You could also throw some minced garlic into the mix in place of garlic powder if you love garlicky asparagus!




Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan (slightly adapted from) Diane on AllRecipes.com

Ingredients
1/2 - 1 TBS olive oil
1 pound fresh asparagus, tough ends trimmed
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1-2 teaspoons sea salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste (optional)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Place asparagus on a baking dish and pour desired amount of olive oil over top and spread around until asparagus is evenly coated.
  3. Sprinkle asparagus with Parmesan cheese, sea salt, and garlic powder.
  4. Roast in preheated oven until fork easily punctures thickest part of stem, about 12 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts