Homemade Guacamole

We were having Mexican tonight and it was such a GREAT dinner! Kent fixed everything himself, and he was very proud of how the homemade guacamole came out. It was creamy, perfectly flavorful, a little chunky, and went just right with the Crock Pot Chicken tacos and tortilla chips.

I felt like it was a little salty when combined with the tortilla chips, but Kent and Kenneth didn't think so at all - so I think my pregnancy taste buds were kicking in! But, just in case, I would start with 1/2 tsp salt and add more to taste. I don't add onion because we don't like raw, but if you like it I'm sure it would be great. The original recipe calls for cilantro as well, but again we don't like it so I left it out.

Homemade guacamole is an absolute treat and I can't imagine eating tacos without it!




Guacamole adapted from Bob Cody on AllRecipes

Ingredients
3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
1 TBS lemon juice
1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup diced onion (optional)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
2-3 TBS salsa (or 1-2 roma tomatoes, diced)
1 teaspoon minced garlic

Directions
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lemon juice, and salt. Mix in salsa (or tomatoes) and garlic. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.

Link Parties:











BBQ Block Party

Comments

  1. There is nothing better than homemade guacamole and what a perfect dish for a party! Thanks so much for returning this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Shawna! I agree - guacamole and parties just go beautifully together! :) Fresh tastes SO good, and so easy to tweak to personal flavor preferences too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts