Garlic Butter Baked Tilapia Fillets

We have some tilapia fillets I bought a little while ago and I saw this recipe when I was browsing through all the wonderful food blogs I enjoy reading each week and thought this would be a great and quick weeknight meal for us all. Kent had no trouble putting this one together and getting it in the oven and was surprised at just how quickly and easily it came together! My husband is not a big fan of tilapia but he was surprised that he enjoyed this one! They both cleaned their plates in no time. :) We served this with steamed peas and a Caesar salad for a "carb-free" meal which I'm trying to do at least one night a week for Kenneth.

So glad to find another fish dinner that my boys enjoy! I really love seafood and would love to have it in the weekly "rotation" of meals more often so it's always encouraging to have successful dinners featuring fish or shrimp. Kenneth does really enjoy salmon, and that one always goes over well, and although I enjoy salmon as well I generally like the white fish best myself.



Garlic Butter Baked Tilapia Fillets from The Better Baker

Ingredients
1 lb tilapia fillets
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup butter, melted (or Smart Balance)
1 tsp. dried parsley, optional
1 tsp. fresh lime juice (we used lemon juice)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400.  
  2. Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray, or line with foil for easy clean up. 
  3. Place fillets in baking dish in single layer (use additional baking dishes if necessary).  Combine garlic, butter, parsley, lime juice and spices. Pour over fish. Bake about 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.  

Comments

Popular Posts