BLT and Avocado Salad

I saw the inspiration for this recipe on Lynda's Recipe Box and although I might like to try my hand at homemade dressing, I stuck with my old faithful Hidden Valley Ranch, Light dressing for this one! The combination is WONDERFUL!! I packed this up in a bunch of separate containers and brought it to work for lunch and it was so tasty and refreshing. The combination of salty sweet bacon with the creamy avocado and the crunchy fresh lettuce was perfect. I will definitely be making this combination again! I used iceberg lettuce, since we had a head that needed to be used up, but would probably use romaine next time. Whatever "bed" you put this combination of goodies on, I'm sure you will enjoy it too!



BLT and Avocado Salad adapted from Lynda's Recipe Box
Makes 1 salad

Ingredients
1/2 a ripe avocado, seed and skin removed, diced into small chunks
1 medium ripe tomato, diced into small chunks
2-3 thick cut slices of bacon, cooked to desired crispiness and diced into bite sized pieces
3-4 cups of chopped lettuce
1-2 TBS Ranch Dressing

Directions
After lettuce is well rinsed, arrange on a plate. Top with diced tomato, avocado, and bacon. Drizzle with preferred amount of dressing and enjoy!

Suggestions: Some croutons and your favorite shredded cheese might also be nice additions to this one. I think I might throw some cucumber in there too, next time!

Comments

Popular Posts