BBQ Mushroom Burgers with Avocado

In my quest to find great recipes to use my yummy, perfectly creamy and ripe avocados up I uncovered this treasure at Tasty Kitchen and I'm so glad I did! These burgers were FANTASTIC!! I switched up a couple small things, but not too much. We really enjoyed the flavor of these with the flavorful and tender mushrooms and that deliciously creamy avocado. It was a fabulous combination! We ended up having a fair amount of mushrooms left and will definitely be making another batch of hamburgers to go with them! Perfect for this warmer weather around here - I love getting to use my grill!! The original recipe called for grilling the avocado, but that's one of the steps I skipped. I'm sure it would be a nice addition to the sandwich, but avocado anyway you slice it is a nice addition. :) We did find the pepper flavor to be a little too strong, so I scaled it back in the recipe below.

We enjoyed these with some baked french fries and onion rings for a quick, easy, and very tasty week night meal!





BBQ Mushroom Burgers with Avocado slightly adapted from dixiechik on Tasty Kitchen

Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1/2 TBS seasoned salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 TBS butter
1 pound mushrooms, washed and sliced
⅓ cups red wine
1/2 - 1 avocado
4 whole hamburger buns
4 slices Swiss cheese
2 TBS BBQ sauce (we love Sweet Baby Rays!)

Directions
  1. Combine the beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Form into four patties and refrigerate. 
  2. In a saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms and saute for about 2-3 minutes, stirring. Add the red wine, bring to a slight boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring frequently, about 15-20 minutes; allow most of the liquid to simmer off. Remove from heat and cover.
  3. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
  4. Cut the avocado lengthwise down the middle, remove the pit, and remove avocado flesh from its peel. Slice into long, thin slices.
  5. Once the grill is ready, add the burgers. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until done in the middle. Add cheese and allow to melt while still on the grill, if desired.
  6. To assemble, spoon some of the mushrooms on top of the burger, a few avocado slices and about 1/2 a TBS of BBQ sauce (to taste).
 



Comments

  1. This burger looks amazing! I think it will finally be grilling weather this weekend - I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy I hope you get a chance to try it out - we LOVED them! You can't beat good grilling weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so juicy! I'm all about the mushrooms and avocado!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is a great combo!! (Ok, so just about anything with avocado seems like a good combo to me...) :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts