Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken

I found this recipe via Chef in Training, the original recipe is from BabyCenter. I LOVE Honey Sesame Chicken! It is one of my very favorite dishes to get for Chinese take out, that or House Lo Mein... mmmm... :) (Ok I'm seriously having a Chinese food craving again right this second... sigh.)

The original recipe calls for adding the cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the crock pot and turning to high heat for 10 minutes. I tried this and didn't get my sauce to thicken at all, so I suggest putting the sauce on the stove but you are welcome to try the crock pot method too so you don't have to dirty another pot! It might have worked with a little more time - I'm not sure!!

In any event, this was a delicious recipe that we all really enjoyed. I served over cooked linguine and mixed in some steamed Asian veggies. Yumm!


Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken

Ingredients

2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite sized pieces
Salt and pepper
1 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 Tablespoons diced onion
4 Tablespoons ketchup
2 Tablespoon canola oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
4 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tablespoons water
Sesame seeds

Directions

  1. Season both sides of chicken with lightly with salt and pepper, put into crock pot. In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes (if using). Pour over chicken.
  2. Cook on low for 2-3 hours or on high 1 1/2 – 2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through.
  3. Remove chicken from crock pot and pour sauce into saucepan on stove top. Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water and pour into sauce. Stir to combine well. Turn heat to high and bring sauce to a boil and allow to thicken. Reduce heat.
  4. Add chicken to sauce, and toss to combine.
  5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts