Your pregnancy: 31 weeks

How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
Another week checked off! It's been really busy at work and the days are flying by. I'm glad its Friday, but I'll be working through the weekend so its not quite the same! At least I enjoy what I'm doing and who I'm working with. :)

Kenneth will be coming into Atlanta for his chiropractic appointment so hopefully we'll get to squeeze in lunch together. I'm sure I will gladly welcome a break; just hope I have time for one!

Things continue to go great with the pregnancy - although I sure have had a lot more Braxton Hicks this time around, and a lot of discomfort with her being so low and banging on my cervix (or so it feels)! I keep wondering if all of the pressure and activity I feel so low will mean anything in terms of dilating sooner or possibly going into labor sooner than I did with Fiona. It just seems so early to be feeling so much already; although I know many others experience Braxton Hicks throughout their pregnancy and go full term without issue so I'm not particularly worried just curious I guess, it's a very different experience than my previous pregnancies. I honestly can't remember ANY pre-labor contractions, and some of these have been pretty painful.

I'm swelling a little in my legs off and on, it kind of comes and goes and I can't really figure out any specific pattern or reason, so I guess its just one of those "pregnancy things" for me at this point! I try to put my feet up some in the evenings, and definitely keep pushing as much water as I can take during the day to see if that will help.

I've been feeling her move on a regular basis, but it seems the last couple days her movements are not quite as "big" as they were before... not quite sure how to explain it. Like right now I feel what feels like her rear end maybe moving a little bit side to side, kind of bumping out, but there have been days in the past week or so where it would feel almost like a flurry of activity with repetitive little thumps and bumps and big pushes out. I still get an occassional big bump, but mostly it feels like the movements are a little smaller now - I wonder if she's starting to get cramped??! Hopefully she's still comfy cozy and its just part of her getting bigger and filling up the space she has. :)

Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to following the rest of your journey!! I am in the process of being matched as we speak. :)
    All the best to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts