Annie's Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips

Had to share this one!! Sooo yummy. Made it last night after I got home from the OB Class (which was redundant, but had some good information and quick reference guides).

YUMMY!! Stayed up way too late making batches of the chips, but they are super tasty. This was definitely labor intensive with all the cutting of the fruit and then several rounds of coating chips and baking them, but a great treat!!

I suffered an INCREDIBLY painful foot cramp about 20 minutes before being done with everything last night that had me bawling like a baby for about 10 minutes. That totally stunk, I chugged water, took 2 calcium pills and massaged the holy heck out of my foot. It was a LONG cramp and it hurt BAD. That's the second massively painful one I've gotten since getting pregnant. I am going to be MUCH more conscientious about taking my potassium and calcium supplements every day and PRAY they keep those evil things at bay... OUCH!!

I altered it a tiny bit so I'm posting it the way I made it.

Annie's Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips slightly adapted from Ann Page on AllRecipes.com

Ingredients
2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Fuji apples - peeled, cored and diced
8-oz raspberries
1 lb strawberries, diced
1 TBS white sugar
1/2 TBS brown sugar
3 TBS fruit preserves, any flavor (I used blackberry seedless jam)

10 (10-inch) flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
2 cups cinnamon sugar (1 tsp cinnamon per cup of sugar)

Directions
  1. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  3. Coat both sides of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Stack them in groups of 4 and cut into 6 wedges using a pizza cutter. Put cinnamon sugar in a bowl or pie plate and gently coat both sides of the wedges (1 or 2 at a time). Place them on a cookie sheet.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes (they will still be pliable when they come out of the oven, they will harden as they cool). Serve with chilled fruit mixture.

Link Parties:
WIAW: Sensible Snacking

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts