Yummy Tacos!!

Tonight we finished up pretty much the last of the Christmas shopping after Kent's jiu jitsu lesson so we didn't get home 'til pretty late (a little after 8:00 pm). I have had a packet of mushrooms in the fridge for a few days and knew I needed to use them so instead of warming up something in a can I went ahead and fixed a quick dinner. It was SOOO good!!! Kent LOVED these tacos!

I sauteed the packet of mushrooms in about 1 TBS of smart balance and about 1/4 cup of water for about 10 minutes until they shrunk up nicely, then added in 1/4 cup taco seasoning and some more water so the mixture wasn't too thick. I then added a can of rinsed kidney beans and a can of vegetarian refried beans and stirred it gently. When that was combined I threw in about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of Bocca Vegetarian Crumbles (looks like ground beef). YUMMY! Super easy and fast dinner and it was really, really tasty and had good texture and heartiness to it with all the add-ins. Next time I'll throw some diced onion in with the mushrooms while they saute, but I didn't want to to take the time to dice more veggies tonight. We threw regular taco toppings on there and Kent scarfed down two and asked me to have leftovers tomorrow.

I am thrilled - Kent had a good jiu jitsu lesson, my Christmas shopping is now 99.9% complete (and I found myself a pair of cute snowman socks for my stocking since I get to fill my own this year :D ) and we had a really good, quick, veggie dinner that Kent enjoyed. What more could I ask for? :)

I am thoroughly exhausted though after all the running around (we went to 4 different stores before going home) and so ready for a good nights sleep. Just have to fold some laundry and start working on the boxes for the Marines overseas. My office adopted the 4th Recon Bravo Company Marines for our Christmas giving and I have 2 full boxes of various goodies in my trunk and need to start assembling the shipping boxes and filling them up. I ordered 10 shipping boxes initially but when I saw the size of some of the items I realized I needed way more than that. I ordered 25 more that will hopefully be here by the weekend, otherwise some of this stuff isn't going out on Saturday like I'd hoped. I have to pick up clip on desk lights for all the guys too still... too bad I didn't think about that while I was at the store this evening... sigh.

So, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! :)

Comments

Popular Posts