My wonderful FIPs!!

I just had to express a little love for my former IPs, T&I. I had received an e-mail from a couple who was looking into using A Woman's Gift as their agency, and they'd asked for feedback, but they were looking for feedback from the IP's perspective. I forwarded the e-mail to my IPs and "I" called me back the next day and we chatted for nearly a half hour - I haven't talked to her in about 2 or 3 months so it was really good to catch up and hear how she's doing and hear all about Miss Munchkin! Fiona is such a smarty-pants and "I" was telling me about how she is counting numbers, and her very good manners, and her swimming lessons, and play groups... Fiona keeps them busy, and it is SO incredibly obvious how much they both adore that sweet little girl, and it always fills my heart up to overflowing when I get a sneak peek at their relationship. It makes me feel a part of something that is so special and so beautiful and I feel blessed again and again.

My FIF sent an e-mail today to follow up on the conversation "I" and I had, and one of the comments he wrote almost had me pulling out tissues: ""I" and I would of course give the highest recommnedation for you. If ever you need any kind of recommendation of any sort, please do not hesitate to ask. You are the best surrogate mother that any intended parents could hope for and we are eternally grateful to you for giving us Fiona." What more could I POSSIBLY ask for than that?? That even after all we went through, all they gave, all their patience, their hope that things would work out with our sibling transfer, all the issues with my lining, extra medications, all the excess doctor appointments and bills... that they still feel that way? I am humbled and so very blessed. I don't even really know what to think, I know I don't feel I deserve for them to feel that way and I also know I am SO grateful that they do.

It is also a wonderful feeling to know that months can go by and we can just pick up and get in touch every now and then, just to check in - knowing they still think about me, and getting the chance to tell them I still think about them (every day - I have Fiona's birth announcement on my bulletin board behind my computer monitor and so I "see" her every day - its my little pick me up)!

So, I had a warm fuzzy today and wanted to share. Thank you to all the incredible IPs out there who take the time to tell their surrogates things like my IF told me today, things that will forever mean so much to us, things that we will treasure and hold close to our hearts always.

Comments

Popular Posts